Crooked - Pickerel
Double your impact!
Would you like your legacy to include protecting the last undeveloped piece of land on the legendary Black Hole?
You have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to preserve shoreline and expand on the Black Hole Nature Preserve.
This beloved byway between Crooked and Pickerel Lakes is cherished by people and wildlife alike. We have the opportunity to protect this key passage between two of northern Michigan’s beautiful lakes.
This untouched property holds:
- 5.88 acres located on the Crooked – Pickerel Lakes channel
- 870 feet of pristine water frontage
The preserve addition will:
- Protect the undeveloped scenic beauty of the Black Hole
- Maintain unique wooded wetlands
- Preserve this land from development
- Expand on the Black Hole Nature Preserve complex
- Provide wildlife and waterfowl habitat protection
DOUBLE YOUR IMPACT!
From now until this land is protected, ALL GIFTS WILL BE MATCHED dollar-for-dollar by the Carls Foundation and the Pickerel-Crooked Lake Association.
PROJECT DEADLINE: November 30, 2022
$575,000 is needed to protect this beautiful land and $409,000 has been raised. If you are interested in doubling your potentially tax-deductible gift to Little Traverse Conservancy, contact Emily Hughes, Chief Development Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 231.347.0991 OR click below.
Above: Photo by Jeff Moyer
Above: Photo by Dan Hasty, Wave Break Media