Little Traverse Conservancy
Education Contract Staff
The Education Contract Staff position is primarily responsible for assisting with the delivery of outdoor education programs to school children of all ages for specific time periods throughout the fall program season (9 weeks — 9/4/18 – 11/2/18). These programs take place at Little Traverse Conservancy Nature Preserves or other natural areas throughout our five-county service area (Charlevoix, Cheboygan, Chippewa, Emmet and Mackinac Counties). Additional responsibilities may include program development, office tasks and stewardship tasks.
House rental opportunity available.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work under the supervision of the Education Director and cooperatively with other staff in office and outdoor settings.
- Independently or cooperatively conduct seasonal environmental education programs on a wide variety of nature-based topics at LTC preserves or other natural areas for children of all ages.
- Assist with office tasks such as updating teacher database, nature library inventory, discovery box maintenance and program material maintenance. Program development or other tasks based on your interest may also be available.
- Active interest in the outdoors and enthusiasm for sharing knowledge with others.
- Basic knowledge of local ecology, natural history, landscapes and features.
- Experience working with children in group settings.
- Ability to engage children on a variety of topics in an outdoors setting.
- Ability to communicate effectively with children and adults of all ages.
- Ability to execute planned environmental education programs as well as be innovative and spontaneous as needed to conduct programs.
- Pleasant and enthusiastic personality.
- Ability to work in a team setting and as an individual.
- Ability to physically work outdoors in a variety of terrain and weather conditions.
- Satisfactory background check.
HOW TO APPLY
- Email resume and cover letter to Director of Education, Sarah Mayhew at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline August 13, 2018