Help build Universally Accessible Trail in East jordan
Don & Eileen Klein Nature Trail
Imagine walking, strolling, or rolling right from downtown East Jordan to the banks of the Jordan River. The Don and Eileen Klein Nature Trail will do just that!
A WONDERFUL NEW TRAIL FOR EVERYONE!
Calling people of all abilities who want to explore both City and country. Wheelchairs, strollers, and walkers are all welcome on what will be called the Don and Eileen Klein Nature Trail. This universally accessible trail and boardwalk will connect Sportsman’s Park to the Rogers Family Homestead Nature Preserve. The City of East Jordan will own and care for the trail. Little Traverse Conservancy has partnered with the City to make it possible.
ACCESS FOR ALL
This trail will:
- add nearly a half mile of new trail;
- connect trails that will provide as much as four miles round trip from downtown East Jordan;
- include a raised boardwalk along the edge of the Jordan River offering up close views of the river and its wildlife;
- cross several Conservancy nature preserves between the Friends of Jordan Watershed Center and the Rogers Preserve;
- be the launching point for a larger trail
- will include a trail endowment held by the Charlevoix County Community Foundation to provide for long-term care of the trail
PROJECT GOAL: $1,800,000
YOUR GENEROSITY, YOUR LEGACY
If you would like to make a potentially tax-deductible donation to the Don & Eileen Klein Nature Trail, click the link above or contact: