Ecological conditions and response (E.C.A.R.)
Cataloging all life, large and small, on Conservancy lands
HELP US LEARN HOW TO BETTER PROTECT THE LAND
How can we best care for the 68,000+ acres of land within our care? By learning what is our responsibility to protect. With a deeper understanding of the resources within these lands, we can better steward them into the future. A new program of LTC’s Stewardship Department aims to do just that. Through a multi-year process, LTC will identify, record, and develop a plan for the unique and special natural features we discover. The work we do now will inform how we do our work at a high level to protect wild spaces forever.
YOUR SUPPORT WILL:
- Document thousands of species types from soils, trees, and plants to birds, bugs, and mammals
- Provide invaluable insight into the flora, fauna, and land within LTC’s care
- Create a thriving future for northern Michigan’s landscapes and ecosystems
- Hire LTC’s first Ecological Monitoring Technician dedicated to the ecological surveying of LTC preserves and reserves
- Ensure the long-term success of LTC’s mission of protecting land for all, forever
PROJECT GOAL: $280,000
YOUR GENEROSITY, YOUR LEGACY
If you are interested in making a potentially tax deductible gift to Little Traverse Conservancy, contact Emily Hughes, Chief Development Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 231.347.0991.